JOB DESCRIPTION: Software Developer
Join an award-winning technology company and put your values to work every day!
thedatabank, gbc is a pioneering provider of SaaS solutions to help nonprofits, government, and social enterprises make positive change in communities across the country. We’re looking for a full-stack technologist with a passion for doing good while developing high-quality code.
thedatabank, gbc. is a “Certified General Benefit Corporation” that has received numerous “Best Place to Work in Minnesota” awards and has been honored multiple times as a “Best for the World” company by B Lab.
This is a full-time position with full medical and dental benefits, paid vacation, and other benefits. Our employees work remotely or in our Saint Paul, MN collaborative space.
You’ll work with our tech team to maintain and extend the Databank CRM, our highly customizable system that is used by national, state, and local nonprofits and government entities. The Databank CRM drives advocacy campaigns, fundraising campaigns, and communications campaigns. It also provides custom features, interactive data dashboards, and specialized portals to meet clients’ needs. The Software Developer will have responsibility in the following areas: Web application development, system maintenance, client database setup, and technical support.
The core business of thedatabank, gbc. is hosting our customers’ precious data, ingesting and serving it via web-based applications. Our system is used directly with our clients’ staff, their donors, supporters and constituencies, and the general public. It also interfaces with various external systems through APIs.
The Software Developer will work to ensure that both our proprietary codebase and our customers’ data are appropriately maintained and enhanced. Areas of work include:
- Build out the Databank CRM with new functionality
- Develop internal tools for data cleansing and manipulation (e.g, geospatial work for the upcoming redistricting in all states)
- Create custom functionality for clients.
The Software Developer will also participate in fixing bugs, migrating customer legacy databases into our system, and assisting technical support staff in resolving user issues.
- Passion for improving real people’s lives
- BS or BA degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent experience
- Experience working with other programmers and non-technical people in a team environment
- Ability to express complex technical concepts effectively, both verbally and in writing.
Good-to-have, but not a dealbreaker:
- Experience with technologies: Git, Microsoft IIS, MS SQL Server, Amazon Web Services
- Proficiency in crafting complex Transact-SQL queries
- Experience writing HTML and CSS
Please send your letter of interest and résumé to:
thedatabank, gbc. is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace.