Payment Gateway Partners
Online transaction processing with The Databank it is a smooth, integrated, and secure process. We integrate with four Payment Gateways: IATS, Fast Charge, Authorize.net, and Vanco.
Learn about the online donation process with a payment gateway partner
Comparison chart of thedatabank's Payment Gateway Partners
About Payment Gateways:
- Payment gateways are a third party you pay to authorize your credit card transactions.
- If you don't have a payment gateway, you have to authorize the transactions yourself by keying in the credit card number or phoning it in.
- Sometimes they collect the money for you and send you a check; others transmit the money to your merchant account.
- They may or may not take care of contacting donors when transactions are denied, e.g. bad credit card number or over the limit.
- Prices vary; see our chart for details. Some charge account setup and maintenance fees.
- IATS and Vanco are the only ones that do not require you to have a merchant account. They collect the money for you and make an electronic deposit to your account. They are usually a good option for orgs that anticipate a low volume of online giving.
- IATS has special application requirements for political campaigns. Please contact IATS for details.